The Village on False Creek Community 2017-2018 Gardening Season
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted”.
- Society annual general meeting and election of new executive members for 2017-2018.
- All positions (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and members at large) will be elected.
- Those waiting for a garden planters are welcomed to attend the meeting.
- Cookies and coffee will be provided.
- We will inspect and repair planters where necessary.
- Snacks and refreshment will be provided.
- You are to clean your planter’s immediate area and remediate your soil.with some excellent organic manure.
- Last year, we had “soil raiders” from an adjacent guerrilla garden helping themselves to our soil before everyone had their share, so it is important that you come out and take your 2 buckets load.
- Refreshment will be provided.
*The affairs of the Society are managed by the Board of Directors (Bylaw 5.1) and the Society’s members are responsible for the care and maintenance of the garden. The Board will arrange for sufficient compost to be available for members to replenish their plots. Volunteers may top up plots of absent members unless specifically instructed not to do so. The Society is not responsible for plants damaged during the process.
Summer Socials TBA
Fall Cleanup Work Parties TBA
All members are expected to participate in the Fall clean up work parties to prepare each plot for Winter by mulching, planting cover crop seeds, and/or Winter crop gardening.
Watch your email inbox and our website http://villagecommunitygardens.com/ for additional information on work party days and socials. Meanwhile, please mark your calendars with the work party dates mentioned above.